Contact me


© Ben Huczek

Bookkeeping for self-employed people

books5You know how hard it is to keep generating work.  All those phone calls, meetings and then having to do the work itself.  The last thing you want is to have to come home after a hard day and have to do your bookkeeping.

HMRC, formally known as the Inland Revenue and the VATman, won’t wait.  In fact they charge you penalties if you’re late with paperwork and payments.  They may say that they don’t like penalising you, but the bottom line is that it’s a revenue generator for them.

As a self-employed person, or even perhaps, operating a very small limited company, you really do have to keep your books in order.  Deep down, you know that.  Contact me and I’ll ease the pain.

If we work together, all you have to do is to send me all your business receipts, credit card receipts, bank statements etc.  Tidy as you like, or messy.  Your choice.  Bear in mind though, that the messier they are, the longer things take and the more expensive for you it finally is.

If you’re new to being self-employed, don’t worry about what you can claim for or not.  Just send it all to me and I’ll sort it.

If you’re VAT-registered, I can even cope with that.

If you would like me to prepare your self-assessment, I’ll do that for you as well.

I can also carry out the bookkeeping using Sage Accounts which nearly all accountants can read.  That makes it really easy to get information to them.  More recently I have had success in moving my customers to the web-based accounting software by Xero and am a Certified Practitioner for this product.

If you’re already VAT registered, you’ll need to be thinking about the HMRC initiative called Make Tax Digital.  Xero will cope with this and keep you from worrying.

[Home] [Self-employed] [Small limited companies]